The point of this post is opening the door into my personal Dark Matter and to start journaling my attempt at toning up what used to be a decent body.
By decent I don't mean rail thin. I mean no flabby, no floppy. I'd be pleased as punch if I could shave my snatch without having to lift my belly out of the way.
So we joined a fitness club. It's small, a little country , a little ghetto. It's a justifiable expense for the three of us and I can drag one or both of the Elder Tribelets along for (de)moral(izing) support.
So I went the first week on a Wed and took the Elder Geek and the Tweety. They both put me to shame. Last week I didn't go. I had no shoes until Wednesday or Thursday morning and we had a lot going on.
So whilst plucking my eyebrows, Diva suggested what I had considered doing anyway: stop in on tjhe way home from work. I already had the bag packed.
So last night (this morning? yesterday morning? *shrug*), I left work and went for gas, and headed my so-wide ass over to work out. I got there about 3am.
The beauty of this: I was completely alone. It was so awesome. I got dressed and went out and put my new sneakers on (11 bux, men's size 6 yeah baby). I stretched -which I hadn't done during daylight hours w/the Tribelets. I jumped on the elliptical for 5 minutes. Jumped on the bike for 5 minutes. Did 3o reps on an arm-pumping machine and finished up with 30 or 45 ( I lost count twice) crunches on the bouncy ball.
Now I was at the doctor 2 weeks ago and they weighed me in at 226 -OMG I felt horrid. Never been this big ever.
So I stepped on the one scale I could find en route to the locker to grab my bag: 220.
What? WHAT???
WOOHOO!!!!
What did I do? I stopped drinking soda and Kool-Aid about 2 weeks ago. I gave up the freakin huge refill of French vanilla coffee slushy I took to work.
Can something so simple make that big a difference or do they set their scale low on purpose?
Honestly>>>>>I dont give a shit!!!!
I walked out into 45 degree weather in shorts, a tank top and my own sweat and felt fucking great.
I can't wait to get back in there.
Hopefully, I'll be joined by a mate or two and we can feel the burn together.
~Raven
No comments:
Post a Comment